Communicating with a c sharp program over USB

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Communicating with a c sharp program over USB

Postby noeyewar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am

Hi
I am currently looking into during a small project that require communication between a NXT and my pc. This communication has to be via USB (to ensure low latency and high throughput)

I would however really like to use c# on the desktop (instead of Java). I have been searching but have not really found any topics related to this. Basically I am looking for some kind of c sharp code that makes it possible to send and receive messages to/from the nxt.

Do any of you have experience with that?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day
Best regards kenneth
noeyewar
New User

Re: Communicating with a c sharp program over USB

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 am

Sorry not aware of anything that will let you do this. If you are familiar with calling C/C++ from C# you may be able to build it yourself using the Lego fantom driver toolkit, take a look at our native driver for some idea of what you will need to do...
http://lejos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc ... k/jfantom/
If this is only a small project you will almost certainly be better off using Java on the PC. Things will be easier and you can get help with any problems. Is there any particular reason why you want to use C#?

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: Communicating with a c sharp program over USB

Postby skoehler » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:55 am

Bluetooth should be easily feasible if there is some convenient Bluetooth-API für C#.
For USB, use the fantom driver as suggested by Andy (limited to 32 Bit applications) or use the WinUSB API (für Windows 64 Bit only, the 64Bit Lego driver is based on WinUSB, see the inf file of the driver).
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software