Unable to pair with Android devices

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Unable to pair with Android devices

Postby ThaMe90 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:10 pm

I have been trying to pair my NXT to several Android devices with either Android 4 or 2.3. However, all devices were unable to pair with it.
Pairing from the Android devices showed that pairing succeeded, but the devices never showed up in the devices tab on the NXT. Trying to find and pair to the Android device from the NXT would found the devices, but pairing always ended saying UNSUCCESSFULL.

Does any of you have any idea as to why this might happen? I've been able to pair with a 2.3 device before.
I've tried LeJos versions 0.8.5 to 0.9.1, but none solved the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Roy
ThaMe90
New User

Re: Unable to pair with Android devices

Postby ThaMe90 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 pm

I have also seen that it doesn't work when pairing the device to my laptop. I am going to try to reflash the NXT with the Lego firmware, see if that has any better effects.
ThaMe90
New User

Postby ThaMe90 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:07 pm

It seems that it also fails with the Lego software, but it gives me somewhat of an explanation of why it isn't working. It's saying "Line is busy".
ThaMe90
New User

Postby Shawn » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 pm

when you try to pair from the NXT, is any dialog appearing in Android. You may have to look at notifications on your handset, select the pair request, and then enter the pair number. The Android notification of a pair request often gets missed by users I think. I am not sure if that is your problem or not but worth a look.
Shawn
Advanced Member

Return to NXJ Software