IR transceiver for NXT

This is where you talk about the NXJ hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

IR transceiver for NXT

Postby aikmin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:45 pm

I have a IR transceiver (Mindsensors.com), but lejos do not have a working code to send data from sensor ports. Can somebody guide me to obtaining a cross compiler and creating a new rom file(.bin) for the NXT?, or if possible, help me compile the most current i2c.c source file so i can test if my IR stuff. If this works, then i will be able to add an API (+source code) for the IR transceiver to lejos (If you all want it).
aikmin
New User

Postby lawrie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:43 pm

The development version of leJOS in SVN supports I2C writes and has an RCXLink class that supports the mindsensors NRLink adapter. It supports several different ways to communicate with the RCX, including remote motors, remote commands, support for RCX opcodes via the Serial class, and support for Java streams with RCXPort. All this will be in the next release.

There is a snapshot directory in SVN.. If you get snapshot/bin/lejos_nxt_rom.bin and snapshot/lib/classes.jar, it supports the code in the latest i2c.c.

If you want to build a cross-compiler, the instructions are at http://www.jstuber.net/lego/nxt-program ... chain.html.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Hardware