Compiled Programs are not Sent to NXT

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Compiled Programs are not Sent to NXT

Postby kingofpenguins » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:13 am

Hi, obviously I'm having a problem with my NXT with LeJOS.

Everything seemed to work, ant ran, LeJOS firmware was properly uploaded, I can compile a program with nxjc, but when I send the file to the NXT brick with the nxj -r file (with no extension), I can not see that it is run OR even sent. The console output says Linking... Uploading... Upload successful in 205 milliseconds like it should, but there is no program to run in the "Files" menu on the NXT.

I am using Sun Java 6 on Linux (Arch) within a VM on VMware 5.5 (although I don't think the VM stuff is making it not work, because the firmware was uploaded on the brick with no problem).
kingofpenguins
New User

Postby bbagnall » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:19 pm

That's really strange that it says it uploaded yet you can't see it in the leJOS NXJ menu. Plus, it should run automatically with the -r parameter I believe. When it is done uploading does the NXT brick make a little chirp? That's what it normally does. Are you clicking into the Files section from the menu?
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby kingofpenguins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:40 pm

No, there is no beep or chirp when I send the compiled program to the brick. After checking in the Files menu, there is nothing there. My only guess that it is in fact something wrong with using in inside a virtual machine (although it did upload the firmware correctly), or a bug in lejos.
kingofpenguins
New User

Postby lawrie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:59 pm

205 milliseconds is a bit quick unless your program is very small.

Do you have more than one NXT? Does it say "Found NXT" or "Found xxx" for whatever your NXT is called?

Are you using USB or Bluetooth?
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby kingofpenguins » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:31 am

The program that I tried running, the first one that is shown in the install readme, was the tune program. I'm only using one NXT, and it does say that it found the device. Currently I'm using USB, but only because I don't have a Bluetooth dongle at the moment. As soon as I get the one that I ordered, I'll give Bluetooth a try and see if that works.

Like I said, from the computer side, everything appears to be running normal. I'm starting to give second thoughts about leJOS (I have also tried getting it running at my school for a project with no luck), and may give ruby-nxt a try sometime. Hopefully one of the two will work...
kingofpenguins
New User

Postby kingofpenguins » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:29 am

Well, I still don't have that dongle... My dad said he was going to order it, but so far he hasn't :(

On a side note, though, after installing this on an old crap PII machine at school, I finally got it to work :D

Now if it would only work in my virtual machine...
kingofpenguins
New User

Return to NXJ Software