a (not so simple) question

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

a (not so simple) question

Postby SupperGranny » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:31 pm

Can anybody pleas tell me how to (step-by-step!) install and USE! LeJOS on ubuntu with Eclipse?
Thankyou
SupperGranny
New User

Postby SupperGranny » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:33 pm

the NXT version:)
SupperGranny
New User

Postby Xpyd3r » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:21 pm

Okay so I'm a noob at this but I'll do my best to explain.
2 things before we start, First there was already a huge explanation http://lejos.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=355 and also check out the read me that comes with the linux version of lejos

Okay so to start, we need the JDK. Open up the terminal and type;
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

Second grab lejos off the website and put the folder in a place where its not going to move again

Third we need libUSB to communicate from computer to nxt
sudo apt-get install libusb-dev

Fourth, we need to make or change system variables
They talk plenty about that in the other topic I posted at the top
but for example this is what I typed for my java home path
export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun"
export makes it a variable from what I was told while the variable name is JAVA_HOME and the path it points to is my java 6 main folder

Then after all this has been done, change directory in the terminal to your build folder in lejos, and type in ant

If your lucky, you will get a message saying build successful. otherwise were still here to help with whatever problems you may have, once again check out the other page I put at the top.

Hope that at least gets you started, If you dont know how to do alot of the stuff i said, you can do more research on google about them, check out the other topics on here, or hope someone else will answer it better for you. I hope i did a pretty good job though and if it looks complicated, dont worry we all have to start learning from somewhere, I was very confused at first too ;-)
Xpyd3r
Novice

Return to NXJ Software