LCD Screen damage

This is where you talk about the NXJ hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

LCD Screen damage

Postby ruperty » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:35 am

Hi,

When turning on the NXT I have just started getting only a dark broken vertical line on the LCD screen and then it goes blank. The NXT still responds to button presses and programs run but the screen stays blank.

Does this sound like irreparable damage to the screen or is there a way it can be resolved?
Regards,
Rupert
www.perceptualrobots.com
ruperty
Active User

Re: LCD Screen damage

Postby gloomyandy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:44 am

Hard to be sure. A number of people have had problems with the NXT screen (some sort of problem with capacitors mounted on the board), a google search may dig up the details. At one time Lego were very good at replacing units that had this problem so it is almost certainly worth making a call to them.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: LCD Screen damage

Postby ruperty » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:40 am

The LCD screen on my swimming watch failed the same day, I wonder if there's a connection :wink:

With the NXT I had been trying out some some balancing algorithms so there had been a lot of falling over which probably didn't help. Without the screen I was still able to run programs, and after more falling over the screen has come back to life, and now looks normal. I probably just have to be a bit more nurturing with my unit and get the cushions out.
Regards,
Rupert
www.perceptualrobots.com
ruperty
Active User

Return to NXJ Hardware