Best way to change Wifi connection?

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Best way to change Wifi connection?

Postby brickinthecloud » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm trying to determine the best way to change the Wifi settings. I'll be moving my robot around a bit and need to be able to change the settings easily, ideally without running up a VM and re-running the update sd card script. Is there an alternative to this? Wondering if a USB connection can be made to the EV3 and the WPA_SUPPLICANT.CONF file edited directly from my Mac, then reboot the brick? Or something else?
brickinthecloud
New User

Re: Best way to change Wifi connection?

Postby gloomyandy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Search the forum, there are a number of posts on how to connect via USB and/or Bluetooth.

Yes you can run a USB connection. It should appears as a network adaptor on your system. You can then connect to address 10.0.1.1

No idea if it works on a Mac though...
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby brickinthecloud » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Perfect, yes, I was able to telnet on the Mac to 10.0.1.1 and found the config file in the root /etc folder. Just looking for a good sftp client for the Mac now and I'll be sorted! Great software btw, really enjoying this!
brickinthecloud
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:19 pm

You may want to try scp as an alternative, not 100% sure if sftp is available on the current image or not...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby brickinthecloud » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:14 am

Yeah discovered that, i'm using the scp Ant command now, wrote a Ant script to deploy a new Wifi config file.
brickinthecloud
New User

Return to EV3 Software