Documentation/explanation for all the available methods

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Documentation/explanation for all the available methods

Postby kostas » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:37 am

Hi, short of the tutorial and the API is there documentation online that explains what all the available methods/fields/etc. do?

As an example, I'm trying to figure out what SP_MODE_ADC, SP_MODE_INPUT, SP_MODE_OUTPUT do, and when to pick which. The API just says this sets the operating mode of the pin but this is not of much use to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
kostas
New User

Re: Documentation/explanation for all the available methods

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:15 pm

The API docs do provide more detail for some of this stuff:
http://www.lejos.org/nxt/nxj/api/lejos/ ... MODE_INPUT

If you are looking at those constants and methods it looks like you are trying to do something pretty low level, in which case you may have to dig through the source code to understand things fully. Most users will not be using those constants (which is why they are not in the tutorial etc.).

What is it you are trying to do?
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: Documentation/explanation for all the available methods

Postby kostas » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:33 am

Thank you for the reply. (And apologies for my late reply.)

We're working a line-tracking project, and we're just getting our feet wet with the whole NXT/leJOS system.

I was trying to figure out how to read the values from our custom-built ultrasonic & light sensors.

(And now I can't understand what's the difference between readRawValue and readSensorPin, but I think I'll get there..)
kostas
New User

Return to NXJ Software