Can´t install lejOS firmware

This is where you talk about the RCX software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderator: roger

Can´t install lejOS firmware

Postby Nosferatu Alucard » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:24 pm

Hello,

i have an RIS 2.0 and want to use lejOS. When I call the firmdl.bat I get the following error:

read firmware srec
100%
Installing fastmode firmware
read firmware srec
100%
Loading native libs
Unable to load native libraries: no jirtrcx in java.library.path
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: close
at josx.rcxcomm.Tower.close(Native Method)
at josx.rcxcomm.Tower.closeTower(Tower.java:53)
at js.tools.Download.close(Download.java:88)
at js.tools.FirmdlTool.start(FirmdlTool.java:104)
at js.tools.FirmdlTool.start(FirmdlTool.java:46)
at js.tools.Firmdl.start(Firmdl.java:75)
at js.tools.Firmdl.main(Firmdl.java:35)

I followed the intructions of the "Your first brick of leJOS" Tutorial and can´t make out where the mistake is. Actually I´m not sure what to use, some sites say JDK and some say SDK, what´s the right one?

I need quick help please because I have to program a robot for school and having some pressure because of time.

Additionally everytime I start a new cmd I have to execute all the set commands because otherwise I get an LEJOS_HOME not found error, is this normal? Or is it wrong to use cmd to execute the commands??

I also would appreciate any link with explanations & tutorials for complete beginners because google didn´t turn out good results.

regards
Nosferatu Alucard
Nosferatu Alucard
New User

Postby mdsmitty » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:43 am

you can download the jdk i'm using the latest 1.6 with my rcx and nxt. you need to set an environmental variable in windows call LEJOS_HOME. it would be c:\lejos or where ever you put it. in my computers property's then advanced then click environmental variables and put it in there. i half think for windows you have to put a few other things in there in path and so forth. its all in the readme.
mdsmitty
Novice

Return to RCX Software