Lego MachineCloud via Salesforce.com!

Post your EV3 projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Lego MachineCloud via Salesforce.com!

Postby brickinthecloud » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:14 am

I'm using leJOS to extend my Lego MachineCloud project, http://brickinthecloud.com/. As you can see by the blog, I've had some success with NXT, though the Wifi block I used was quite limited (it didn't support HTTPS for example).

With the new much more powerful EV3, I plan to continue the project and take it San Francisco next week to demonstrate it at the huge Dreamforce event! I will be demonstrating the robot responding to streaming events sent from the Salesforce cloud platform applications and using their Chatter (like Twitter but for Salesforce users) application to communicate via Mobile.

The robot itself will likely be one of the standard ones, I've not a lot of time to build my own robot and write this code! Really enjoying it so far, when I post on my blog and I'll cross post here. If you want to follow me on twitter there is a Twitter account also called brickinthecloud.

Thanks and once again thanks to the leJOS devs for making this all possible, will be sure to credit your great efforts!

P.S. Are any the leJOS devs on Twitter?
brickinthecloud
New User

Re: Lego MachineCloud via Salesforce.com!

Postby brickinthecloud » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 am

Just published the first in a series of blogs on my project... http://brickinthecloud.com/2013/11/14/p ... torms-ev3/
brickinthecloud
New User

Postby brickinthecloud » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:32 am

Latest post with a video of it in action and link to code.

http://brickinthecloud.com/2013/11/15/d ... ur-mobile/
brickinthecloud
New User

Postby brickinthecloud » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 am

Officially the worlds largest software conference Salesforce.com's Dreamforce event in San Francisco is nearly over. Today I demonstrated the Lego robot at the "Connected Devices Lab" area in the Developer Zone section of the event. It drew quite a crowd, i did a short presentation and plugged all the great work being done here! I'll get a blog with some pictures uploaded soon!
brickinthecloud
New User

Postby lawrie » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:32 pm

This is fascinating, but I am struggling to understand the relationship between Lego robots and salesforce.com.

I am on twitter as @lawriegriffiths and @geekgrandad.

Lawrie
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby brickinthecloud » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Salesforce.com (despite the obvious implications from the name) are a company that provides a technology for hosting program code in the web (cloud), connecting a robot via wifi to the web to such program code, basically makes the robot much more autonomous and with the power of the Force.com (Salesforce.com programming environment) much more potential for commanding and co-ordinating any number of Lego robots, a potential i'd like to explore further. In essence its not that different from building a web site the robot talks to, however the Salesforce.com technolgy takes a lot of overhead away from this and offers so much more out of the box.
brickinthecloud
New User

Return to EV3 Projects