ev3classes does not exit

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

ev3classes does not exit

Postby comix » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:31 am

Hi all,

I just bought my EV3 this morning and made the SD card. For now, my EV3 brain works well.

But when I tried to write the hello world code, something happened...

When I right click on build.xml, the eclipse said ../Developer/JAVA work space/ev3/ev3classes does not exist.

I have already changed the tags to be ev3 0.5.0 alpha ed135e5. It seems that I need to rebuild ev3classes.jar, I read this post viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4782 but can not fully understand.

I tried to right click on the ev3classes in the Package Explorer window, and ->Export->Java->JAR file, but "creation failed"

Does anyone give me a hand?
comix
New User

Re: ev3classes does not exit

Postby lawrie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:46 am

You need to build Dbusjava and ev3classes.jar first. In the DBusJava program, right-click on build.xml and select Ant Build. Then do the same in ev3classes.jar. You should then see dbusjava.jar in the DbusJava project, and ev3classes.jar and in the ev3classes project. If you don't, right-click on the project and click Refresh.

You should then right-click on build.xml in the EV3FirstProgram project and select Ant Build.

If this fails, it might be because your projects are in a non-standard location. Right-click on the ev3classes project and see what is says for "Location" and make sure the lib.dir property in your build.xml file matches that.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby comix » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:10 pm

lawrie wrote:You need to build Dbusjava and ev3classes.jar first. In the DBusJava program, right-click on build.xml and select Ant Build. Then do the same in ev3classes.jar. You should then see dbusjava.jar in the DbusJava project, and ev3classes.jar and in the ev3classes project. If you don't, right-click on the project and click Refresh.

You should then right-click on build.xml in the EV3FirstProgram project and select Ant Build.

If this fails, it might be because your projects are in a non-standard location. Right-click on the ev3classes project and see what is says for "Location" and make sure the lib.dir property in your build.xml file matches that.

Hi lawire,

Thans for your reply!

I built dbusjava.jar and ev3classes.jar based on your instruction. And I tried to build EV3FirstProgram again, although I saw the EV3FirstPorgram.jar lying in the diet folder, but it still showed the BUILD FAIL message:

Cause: Could not load a dependent class com/jcraft/jsch/Logger
It is not enough to have Ant's optional JARs
you need the JAR files that the optional tasks depend upon.
Ant's optional task dependencies are listed in the manual.
Action: Determine what extra JAR files are needed, and place them in one of:
-/Users/l/Documents/Developer/jsch-0.1.49/lib
-/Users/l/.ant/lib
-a directory added on the command line with the -lib argument

Do not panic, this is a common problem.
The commonest cause is a missing JAR.

This is not a bug; it is a configuration problem

I am wondering what jar file missed? I have already putted dbusjava.jar and ev3classes.jar into the /jsch-0.1.49/lib

Waiting for your help. ; )
comix
New User

Postby lawrie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:38 pm

You need to add the jsch jar to ant In Eclipse as described in the Wiki and the 0.5.0 post. See viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5107&start=30#p21382.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby comix » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:17 pm

lawrie wrote:You need to add the jsch jar to ant In Eclipse as described in the Wiki and the 0.5.0 post. See viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5107&start=30#p21382.

Hi lawrie

I tried this way viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5107&start=30#p21382

But it still did not work. : (

The good news is that I scp my EV3FirstProgram to the EV3, it runs after more than 11 sec. I'm using a class 4 micro SD card, do I need to buy a new class 10 card?
comix
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Nope 10 seconds is about right for the startup time at the moment. Once running things are pretty fast, but the startup takes a while, lots of clasees to be loaded.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby comix » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:37 pm

gloomyandy wrote:Nope 10 seconds is about right for the startup time at the moment. Once running things are pretty fast, but the startup takes a while, lots of clasees to be loaded.

Thanks Andy~

Could you help me figure out why I can not use the Ant build?
comix
New User

Postby comix » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:03 am

It works!!!!!!

Thanks everybody!
comix
New User

Return to EV3 Software