Enchanting not connecting to back end

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Enchanting not connecting to back end

Postby mlokey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:56 am

I have Enchanting V0.2.4.1 running on a HP Pavilion with Windows 7 64 bit. Tried with firewall on and off but no difference. I also have an EV3. Updated the Firmware to V1.03H. I can connect to the EV3 using the LEGO MINDSTORM EV3 Home addition just fine and run commands to the EV3. But when I launch Enchanting (Enchanting, EnchantingFE, and Verbose_enchanting_Windows), the Green flag is inactive. When using Verbose, I get an error "Trying to connect to NXJ". When I click on the Green Flag in Enchanting, I get "No Communication with back end". Tried to activate remote sensing in scratch but that did nothing. How do I get the connection to work?
mlokey
New User

Re: Enchanting not connecting to back end

Postby mlokey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:59 am

After looking at more on the net, I am wondering if I got everything loaded? Possibly the third party Java.

I loaded Lego MindStorm EV3 home addition, Phantom Drivers, and Enchanting.
mlokey
New User

Re: Enchanting not connecting to back end

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:53 am

We have a separate section in the forum for Enchanting questions. please post questions there. My understanding is that Enchanting is not currently supported on the EV3.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software