Enchanting and Tetrix Support?

This is the place to ask question about Enchanting, talk about your Enchanting projects or simply find out more about Enchanting on the NXT.

Moderator: clintonb

Enchanting and Tetrix Support?

Postby t1techno » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Will there be support for the Tetrix servos and motor controllers?

Thanks for what you have done with Enchanting. I have used Scratch/Byob for more than 10 years. I am in my fourth year of working with NXT /Tetrix/EV3 robotics.
t1techno
New User

Re: Enchanting and Tetrix Support?

Postby clintonb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:58 pm

I think you are the first person to have asked. I'm afraid I don't know enough about Tetrix to know what it would take (and I don't have any, either).

I will try to remember there is interest in this, but it is not very high on the to-do list, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Clinton
clintonb
Active User

Postby gethV4.0 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:42 pm

Tetrix support is available for NXT, and the classes.jar file contains the necessary java classes.
It appears that the ev3classes.jar does not have the java classes present. Was that intentional? For the NXT, the tetrix motor inherits i2csensor class.

http://www.lejos.org/nxt/nxj/api/lejos/ ... oller.html

What would need to be added to the i2Csensor class to support the tetrix servo's etc? or could we just upload
the NXT classes.jar to the EV3 brick?
gethV4.0
New User

Postby clintonb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:48 pm

gethV4.0 wrote:Tetrix support is available for NXT, and the classes.jar file contains the necessary java classes.
It appears that the ev3classes.jar does not have the java classes present. Was that intentional? For the NXT, the tetrix motor inherits i2csensor class.

http://www.lejos.org/nxt/nxj/api/lejos/ ... oller.html

What would need to be added to the i2Csensor class to support the tetrix servo's etc? or could we just upload
the NXT classes.jar to the EV3 brick?

Hi gethV4.0.

You are asking questions that are beyond my current depth of understanding. Why don't you look around the EV3 subforums, and see if anyone has asked a similar question, and if not, try asking there, where there are people much more knowledgeable on the topic.

Cheers,
Clinton
clintonb
Active User

Postby kirkpthompson » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 am

Hi All.

The TETRIX controller stuff is basically treated like a sensor as the controllers (motor and servo) plug into a sensor port. The code:http://sourceforge.net/p/lejos/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/classes/src/lejos/nxt/addon/tetrix/

I don't know much of anything about Enchanting but I suspect a wrapper of some sort would have to be written to use the TEXTRIX stuff with Enchanting. I also have the TETRIX technical specs if the provided classes do not work out and someone wants to start from Scratch (no pun intended but it works that way…!)

Best,
-K
Leg Godt!
kirkpthompson
leJOS Team Member

Return to Enchanting Questions and Projects