Configuring PowerFunctions accesssories

This is the place to ask question about Enchanting, talk about your Enchanting projects or simply find out more about Enchanting on the NXT.

Moderator: clintonb

Configuring PowerFunctions accesssories

Postby sdgirlgeek » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi there!

I'm a newbie, working with a group of third graders. Enchanting has been wonderful!! But now we're trying to go something creative and I'm stuck.

We'd like to add lights to our project . We've got an RGB sensor working well, but would like to also add some Power Functions lights as well. We have the lights and necessary conversion cables to get everything plugged in, but I can't figure out how to configure the light in Enchanting. Seems like it would fall under motor, and even tried setting it up as an RCX motor, but that didn't work. Can this be done?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
sdgirlgeek
New User

Re: Configuring PowerFunctions accesssories

Postby clintonb » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:05 am

Hmm... My first thought would be to try it as an RCX motor, too. I suppose you could try it as an NXT motor and see if going forward/backward or stopping affects the light output.

I'm afraid I don't have any lights like that to test with, so I'm not really sure. You can certainly turn the light on a light or colour sensor on and off, but that doesn't sound as neat as controlling a power functions light.
clintonb
Active User

Return to Enchanting Questions and Projects