NXJ Bluetooth problems with Mac OS X Mavericks and bluecove

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

NXJ Bluetooth problems with Mac OS X Mavericks and bluecove

Postby JanH95 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Hello!

I have some problems with an existing program, which worked perfectly with Windows XP 32 Bit. It starts a Bluetooth connection with the NXJ to control it. Now on my new Mac (64 Bit) with Mac OS X Mavericks I have many problems:

- First, i tried to use the JDK 7 64 Bit, but I have got the message, that the there is no blue cove on may Mac. I've tried to import the Bluecove library with Eclipse, but the result is the same.

- So I tried to use the JDK 6 32 Bit, an now, i get an other error:

Code: Select all
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _IOBluetoothLocalDeviceReadSupportedFeatures
  Referenced from: /private/var/folders/x7/qhpprr2x35z79281yzd9kb8c0000gn/T/bluecove_Jan_0/libbluecove.jnilib
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/IOBluetooth.framework/Versions/A/IOBluetooth

dyld: Symbol not found: _IOBluetoothLocalDeviceReadSupportedFeatures
  Referenced from: /private/var/folders/x7/qhpprr2x35z79281yzd9kb8c0000gn/T/bluecove_Jan_0/libbluecove.jnilib
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/IOBluetooth.framework/Versions/A/IOBluetooth

I know, there is a thread for this problem, but it is very old an I hope there is a solution for this problem.

Greetings from Germany! :D
- Jan
JanH95
New User

Re: NXJ Bluetooth problems with Mac OS X Mavericks and bluec

Postby skoehler » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:29 am

I haven't looked into this for a while. None of the leJOS developers has a Mac. There is some fork of bluecove on github. Last I looked into it, they didn't release any binaries and I didn't try compiling the code on OS X.

https://code.google.com/p/bluecove/issues/detail?id=134
Here you will find all the links you need.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby JanH95 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 am

Thank you very much!

Now, my program runs with 32bit java 1.6 and an external lbbluecove.jnilib from the Google group. Now I doesn't get the message that there is no bluecove.

But there is an other problem: i can't connect my NXJ to my Mac via Bluetooth: If i click in the NXJ bluetooth-menu on my Mac, my NXJ asks me for the password, but every password is wrong and the connection fails. If I try to start the connection on may Mac, the Mac says that the nxj is connected, but he doesn't ask me for any password and in the NXJ menu my Mac isn't listed in the connected-devices-menu.
Also the method
conn = new NXTConnector();
boolean connected = conn.connectTo("btspp://");
fails, so "connected" stay false.

Greetings,
Jan :)
JanH95
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 am

It is almost always best to pair with the NXT from your PC/Mac rather than from the NXT. The default PIN is 1234.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby JanH95 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:28 pm

I know, the default PIN ist 1234, i also now how i can change the Pin on my NXT, but the problem is, that my Mac doesn't ask me for any password.
I only get the window, where all possible Bluetooth devices are shown.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Qphl ... sp=sharing
There i can click on CONNECT, and a few moments later my NXT seems connected. But my NXT doesn't list the Mac anyway in the known-devices-list. Also the next time I turn my NXT on, it doesn't connect automatically.

For everyone, who can't speak German:

"Verbunden" = "connected"
"Verbinden!" = "Connect!"
"Geräte" = "devices"
"weitere Optionen" = "other options"
"Bluetooth in der Menüleiste anzeigen" = "show Bluetooth icon in the menu bar"
"Bluetooth deaktivieren" = "deactivate Bluetooth"
JanH95
New User

Postby JanH95 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Ok, now I tried to change the password on my NXT from 0000 or 1234 to 2134, <<et voila>: my Mac asks for a password, but the result is the same: my Mac isn't listed in the NXJ's list of known devices...
Here an addition from the system-information-tool:
JanH95
New User

Return to NXJ Software