EV3 & Maven via SSH

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

EV3 & Maven via SSH

Postby leJosNeedHelp » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi guys,

i'm using eclipse to run my EV3. I create a jar file, which include my files and the ev3classes and load it on the ev3 via remote system explorer.
Now i'm also using maven to create the jar and after a lot of tries it works well. My question is the following:
Is it possible to load the jar file ,which is created by maven, directly on my ev3? Does anyone tried this bevor?
My goal is to press just one button and the EV3 runs. Now i'm exporting my EV3Firstprogram project per hand and copy it, at the remote system explorer, into the "my home" directory from my ev3 and starts it with the command :

jrun -cp EV3FirstProgram.jar EV3FirstProgram

This works well, but it's very inconvenient.

I hope someone knows if this possible and maybe what i have to do :-)

Greetz from germany :wink:
leJosNeedHelp
New User

Re: EV3 & Maven via SSH

Postby lawrie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 pm

You should be able to make maven use ant build files that include the scp and ssh tasks (in the jsch library) to copy jar files to the EV3 ant execute them. I am not a maven expert but I think you can use the antrun plugin to do this.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Re: EV3 & Maven via SSH

Postby leJosNeedHelp » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:45 am

It work's. I found a good page, maybe somebody can use it:

http://lejosev3.wordpress.com/

There are some syntax mistakes in the pom, for example artifactid instead of artefactId, but they are fixable.

Maybe somebody can use it :-)
leJosNeedHelp
New User

Return to EV3 Software