install nfs service on Lejos SDCARD

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

install nfs service on Lejos SDCARD

Postby DoertyDoek » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:46 am

HI,

I'm trying to setup a fileshare on my EV3 so I can mount it to my Mac and easily copy files back and forth. I've been through all the fstab and exports stuff but it still don't works. It seems that NFSD is not installed on my EV3/lejos (alpha 0.5.0 ) as I can't enable/status nfsd nor can I find the file. Trying to install it the usual Linux way didn't work (apt-get install nfs-kernel-server nfs-common).

How do I get NFS installed and working under lejos?

Thanks!
DoertyDoek
New User

Re: install nfs service on Lejos SDCARD

Postby gloomyandy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:07 pm

The EV3 is an embedded system not a full up Linux system so many things like apt-get etc. are missing. If you want to install extra packages you will need to do so by hand (or switch to using something like ev3dev which is a more complex linux system, but which curently does not support all of the Lego hardware). the Lego/leJOS sdard uses busybox rather than the full blown set of command line tools. Not sure if this includes the NFS server side of things or not, it certainly includes the NFS client side. So if you want to use NFS then the SD card does contain an NFS client (I use it all of the time), look in the /home/root/lejos/bin/startup file for the commented out command using busybox to see how I use it.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: install nfs service on Lejos SDCARD

Postby DoertyDoek » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Got it! Thanks for the quick reply, mate!
DoertyDoek
New User

Return to EV3 Software