Make for EV3?

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Make for EV3?

Postby GeekDude » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:34 am

I'm terrible with cross-compiling. It would be much simpler to just compile on the EV3, even if it would be much slower. As for what would be compiled, I was thinking CWiiD (linux wiimote interface), libusb (for various usb communications, which I've already cross-compiled), as well as other programs. This might not be strictly LeJOS related, but I'd like to see something like this in the next version of it. I'm terrible at java, but use LeJOS for it's extended wifi driver capabilities and ethernet-over-usb functionality. It would help a great deal if I could get other things to compile easily onto the EV3.
GeekDude
New User

Re: Make for EV3?

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 am

I'm not sure this is the correct project for you. To be honest I'm way to busy just trying to get Java and leJOS working well, some of the other devs may be able to help, but I would not want to do anything that makes the already complex process of getting Java programs running on the EV3 any more difficult. You may want to take a look at the ev3dev project:
https://github.com/mindboards/ev3dev
which is working towards something close to what you are looking for. At some point if that project continues and produces a platform that supports the Lego hardware we may switch leJOS over to using it, but at the moment I don't think that is possible.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software