Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

Postby PioW » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 am

I was upgraded my leJOS 0.9.0 -> 0.9.1-1. So I use nxjflashg to install firmware, everything was OK (in the program) but on the NXT I had exception:
Code: Select all
Exception: 29
unsupported char
at: 363:46
at: 367:26
at: 441:3
at: 65:42
at: 90:1
This exception is throws after I turn on the brick (every time). I reinstall my lejos to the 0.9.0 version but now nxjflashg don't found the NXT brick.

How can I install firmware?
PioW
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:08 am

Re: Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

Postby skoehler » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:48 am

You have to relink and reupload you programs.
Did you set a program to autostart and the program throws the exception?

To reinstall 0.9.0, you can manually put the NXT brick in firmware update mode. Use the reset switch in the hole near the USB port.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

Postby PioW » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 pm

skoehler wrote:Did you set a program to autostart and the program throws the exception?


No.

skoehler wrote:To reinstall 0.9.0, you can manually put the NXT brick in firmware update mode. Use the reset switch in the hole near the USB port.

Thank you, it works.
PioW
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:08 am

Re: Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

Postby skoehler » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:22 am

PioW wrote:
skoehler wrote:Did you set a program to autostart and the program throws the exception?


No.


The exception is thrown by the startup menu. The reason is the name of your NXT. It must contain non-ASCII characters. If you can, use leJOS 0.9.0 to change the name of your NXT to something plain ASCII. Then try the upgrade to 0.9.1 again. Also, I've fixed the bug in SVN.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

Postby maxrees » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:36 pm

skoehler wrote:
PioW wrote:
skoehler wrote:Did you set a program to autostart and the program throws the exception?


No.


The exception is thrown by the startup menu. The reason is the name of your NXT. It must contain non-ASCII characters. If you can, use leJOS 0.9.0 to change the name of your NXT to something plain ASCII. Then try the upgrade to 0.9.1 again. Also, I've fixed the bug in SVN.


where and how does one change the name on 0.9.0 ?
maxrees
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

Postby skoehler » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:04 pm

maxrees wrote:
skoehler wrote:
PioW wrote:
skoehler wrote:Did you set a program to autostart and the program throws the exception?


No.


The exception is thrown by the startup menu. The reason is the name of your NXT. It must contain non-ASCII characters. If you can, use leJOS 0.9.0 to change the name of your NXT to something plain ASCII. Then try the upgrade to 0.9.1 again. Also, I've fixed the bug in SVN.


where and how does one change the name on 0.9.0 ?

nxjbrowse should work.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

Postby maxrees » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:03 pm

thx
maxrees
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Exception after installation lejos 0.9.1-1

Postby DrTomFlint » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Hello, thanks for the fix. Any idea how the name could get accidentally changed to a non-ascii char?
I am working with 4 NXT's which are a pain to remove from their robots to do the reflashing.
Any instructions around that can help me make use of the fix you place in SVN?
DrTomFlint
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:32 pm


Return to NXJ Software

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

more stuff