Error Building Program; ev3classes&DBus built

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Error Building Program; ev3classes&DBus built

Postby DeSharp » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm working with EV3 0.5.0, I am using a wifi dongle and managed to successfully build DBus and ev3classes, but when I attempt to build EV3FirstProgram, it gives the following error:

Code: Select all
Buildfile: C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\build.xml
clean:
   [delete] Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\build
compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\build
    [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\build.xml:24: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\build
    [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:1: error: package lejos.hardware does not exist
    [javac] import lejos.hardware.Button;
    [javac]                      ^
    [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:2: error: package lejos.hardware.lcd does not exist
    [javac] import lejos.hardware.lcd.LCD;
    [javac]                          ^
    [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:7: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         LCD.clear();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable LCD
    [javac]   location: class EV3FirstProgram
    [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:8: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         LCD.drawString("First EV3 Program", 0, 5);
    [javac]         ^
    [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:9: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         Button.waitForAnyPress();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable Button
    [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:10: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         LCD.clear();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:11: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         LCD.refresh();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac] 7 errors

BUILD FAILED
C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Development\Java\Workspaces\NXT\EV3FirstProgram\build.xml:24: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 1 second
DeSharp
New User

Re: Error Building Program; ev3classes&DBus built

Postby lawrie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:19 pm

The setting of the ant lib.dir property is probably wrong for system.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby DeSharp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 pm

I don't know whats wrong with the lib.dir property, its set to "../ev3/ev3classes", and in my workspace, there's a folder named ev3, and ev3classes is in it. Is that how it should be?
DeSharp
New User

Postby lawrie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:11 pm

If you right-click on the ev3classes project, and select Properties, what does it say for Location?

Also does ev3classes.jar exist under the ev3classes project?

Another possibility is that you have an earlier version of the ev3classes source. Make sure you have the master version ([ev3 master]) and do Team > Switch to > Other ... > Tags and select 0.5.0-alpha.

The 0.6.0-alpha version is now out, so it would be better to use that - see the news item I have just put on the web site.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby DeSharp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Oh I beleive I've found the problem, for some reason the jar is in a completely different place 0.o

It was in the git/ev3/... instead of my workspace/ev3/...
DeSharp
New User

Postby DeSharp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks a ton for helping out! I got everything to work :D
DeSharp
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:51 am

When you use git and eclipse it is normal for your files to be outside of your eclipse workspace. Files that are being managed by git will be in your git directories. If you read the documentation on egit (the eclipse git plugin) you will see that it is not recommended to have your git repository inside of your eclipse workspace (or to have the workspace in your git structure). The normal setup is to keep the two separate.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software