EV3 bluetooth development kit

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

EV3 bluetooth development kit

Postby SegmentFault » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Does anybody know if lego will release a bluetooth development kit for the EV3 like they did for the NXT ?
SegmentFault
New User

Re: EV3 bluetooth development kit

Postby lawrie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:18 pm

What is it you are looking for? Most of the same information is in ev3sources. I am not sure of the current status of ev3sources. It is available at mindboards / ev3sources, but you may need to generate the documentation from the Doxyfile. Do you have that?

As Bluetooth for the EV3 uses a standard Linux bluez stack, there is not much to say about that this time.

The Lego documentation describes their byte codes and communication protocol, but these are not used by leJOS.

Is there something specific you want to do with Bluetooth?
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby SegmentFault » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Mostly i want to see how lego previously did their bytecodes and communication protocol, to compare it to lejos. So if anyone have the documentation available that would be sweet (as all of the old links are broken on the lego site). I was also wondering if they had any plans of making something similar for the EV3. Do not have any plans of using them though, only comparing them as a different solution for a research paper.
SegmentFault
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:20 pm

All of the NXT docs and developer downoads are available here:
http://www.lego.com/en-gb/mindstorms/do ... t/nxt-sdk/
All of the links work fine for me (in the UK).

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software