Eclipse pluggin and stdout, stderr

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Eclipse pluggin and stdout, stderr

Postby lylyth » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi,

I just bought an EV3 and got LEJOS EV3 0.8.0 alpha installed on it. I use Eclipse and the Lejos pluggin to run the programs with the bluetooth connection and also got a build.xml that copy and run the program with the bluetooth connection.

The problem comes when i try to see the System.out or System.err on the Eclipse console. Is same if i run or debug the program, i cant see the messages on eclipse.

Is there any way to do this?

I also tried to use EV3Control, i connect to the brick with the Bluetooth connection sucessfully but in the Console option not see any message from System.out or System.err.

Best Regards,

David
lylyth
New User

Re: Eclipse pluggin and stdout, stderr

Postby lawrie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:40 pm

The next release will have more options for seeing the LCD output.

You can set the "Use ssh and scp" in the Eclipse plugin preferences. You need to supply the IP address of the brick as the brick name in the preferences if you use this option, and you need to suspend the menu program (from the System menu). You will see System.out and err output in the Eclipse console if you run your program this way.

I don't know why you don't see it in EV3Control. As long as you start EV3Control before starting your program, you should see System.out and System.err output for any program run by the menu.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby lylyth » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi lawrie, thank for your answer.

I got that configuration already on the eclipse plugin (Bluetooth IP Addres and ssh-scp checked). I suspend the menu program from the System Menu and debug my program using the eclipse plugin but still nothing appears on eclipse console when i write a stdout or stderror.... :? :?
lylyth
New User

Postby lawrie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

Do you get the problem for run as well as debug? I have never had a problem with run. I think there is a problem with Debug. When I tried it, the console output did not appear until the program ended. I will investigate that.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby lylyth » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 am

Hi lawrie,

i have test what you said, and you are right, when i run the program i can see the sysout at the eclipse console. But when i debug it i can't see them.

Thank you so much for your help. Now i want to know if someone can debug it and see the sysout at eclipse console at same time :D.
lylyth
New User

Return to EV3 Software