Comms proxy

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Comms proxy

Postby ranulfgreen » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:05 pm

I have just started working on a comms proxy for nxj. The basic functionality is as follows:

1) Client can invoke a socket connection with the proxy which can then automatucally forward data to the required NXT

2) NXT can invoke a socket connection between the proxy and some other host and any data transferred between proxy NXT and proxy will automatically be forwarded to the specified host.

Together with these two basic criteria I aim to look at the reliability of the bluetooth connection between proxy and NXT and include support for multiple NXT's connected to one single Porxy.

Hopefully once this is done then more protocols such as http etc. can be included working over the existing socket connections.

Any suggetions welcome!

------------------

Ok I have implemented a basic verion of the comms proxy together with
NXT classes to invoke the proxy. Currently I still have no NXT so cannot actually test to see if what I have done is correct.
RG
ranulfgreen
New User

Postby Milamberinx » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:20 pm

It would be really great if the NXTs and the proxy could form a kind of ad-hoc piconet, although that may be beyond the scope of what you're doing... :(
Milamberinx
New User

Postby esmetaman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi your idea about Proxy is using a NXT brick or PC?

Thanks
esmetaman
Advanced Member

Postby ranulfgreen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:09 pm

The proxy runs on the PC, the idea is that you can set up a client or a server between either a PC and an NXT or a NXT and another NXT over a remote connection. This is not really aimed at two NXT's side by side as you dont really need a proxy at all for that. Simply enough the proxy establishes a connection using some kind of hand shake between NXT and pc. So if you want a socket server on the NXT you just create an NXT socket server and run the proxy on your pc, the NXT socket server will then tell the proxy to create a real socket server which can then be used to establish incoming socket connections from the web. Any incoming info will be sent onto the NXT and visa versa.
RG
ranulfgreen
New User

Return to NXJ Projects