Multiple EV3 Controller connected to a single PC

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Multiple EV3 Controller connected to a single PC

Postby nitroxide » Wed May 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi guys,

at the moment I am developing a software that is supposed to run on a Raspberry Pie and is connected to two EV3 controllers simultaneously. My problem is that to me it seems impossible to establish a network connection to both EV3s at the same time. I managed to change the IP address of one EV3 from 10.0.1.1 to 10.0.1.2 by changing the netaddress file located on the SD card. But that doesn't help me out. At the moment I am facing the fact that my computer (running Ubuntu 13.10) creates a new network connection with every EV3 I connect via USB (What makes sense, because the computer sees them as two individual network interfaces). But I want them to be in the same network, using the same network connection, so that I am able to establish a TCP connection between Pie and the 2 EV3s. Do you guys have any experience connecting multiple EV3s to one single computer?

Thanks in advance,

nitroxide
nitroxide
New User

Re: Multiple EV3 Controller connected to a single PC

Postby floydbloke » Thu May 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Sorry I don't have the Linux skills to help with the detail, but have you explored IP forwarding / routing on the Ubuntu box.
floydbloke
New User

Re: Multiple EV3 Controller connected to a single PC

Postby gloomyandy » Sun May 11, 2014 12:13 am

You do not want to have both EV3s be on the same network. Try setting one to 10.0.1.1 and the other to 10.0.2.1 the subnet masks passed back by the dhcp server should then ensure that the correct route is setup on the PC.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software