EV3 cannot connect with PC [Solved]

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

EV3 cannot connect with PC [Solved]

Postby NikinCZ » Sun May 18, 2014 9:14 am

I have succesfully installed leJOS EV3 on my Mindstorm EV3. Eclipse plug-in is also succesfully installed.
However EV3 cannot connect with PC. I plug PC cable into the PC and power on EV3. I even hear that annoying sound of Win8 that says me that I have plugged something into PC. But when I launch EV3Control.bat and press search button it throws "No EV3s found". I have tried to type in EV3 name and it does same...
Please, help!
Last edited by NikinCZ on Sun May 18, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PC: Windows 8 (64-bit)
leJOS: leJOS EV3 0.8.1-beta

Currently combining EV3 with LEGO Technic 42006
NikinCZ
New User

Re: EV3 cannot connect with PC

Postby gloomyandy » Sun May 18, 2014 9:25 am

Hi and welcome to leJOS. Before posting a new topic please take a little time to browse the existing topics or search the forums. If you do that you will find:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6945

Which may help you. To use leJOS over USB you must have an RNDIS driver installed. The above thread and the threads it links to provide detail of how to ensure that this is installed. The thread also provides details of how you can test to see if your EV3 is connected (by using ping to 10.0.1.1), and the possible reasons why if ping works you may not be able to auto detect the EV3 (firewall blocking things).

If you have tried the above please let us know with details of the results. Also when asking for help please provide as much detail as possible (like the version of leJOS, what version of Windows - 8? 8.1?, etc.).
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: EV3 cannot connect with PC

Postby NikinCZ » Sun May 18, 2014 10:16 am

Ok I'll try search next time :D
Anyway, installing RNDIS driver helped! Thank you :)
PC: Windows 8 (64-bit)
leJOS: leJOS EV3 0.8.1-beta

Currently combining EV3 with LEGO Technic 42006
NikinCZ
New User

Return to EV3 Software