leJOS Overview

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Re: leJOS Overview

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi, as I said I would include a sub section of the menu that indicates remote services, not a lot too it, but very few people seem to understand that the server side part of the remote API are provided as part of the menu. Your current diagram would give the impression that the remote API will continue to work without the menu being present which is not the case. I would not remove the remote section from the classes as this is also correct, the class libraries contain the client side code and the basic classes used to provide the server side elements.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby celanba » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Alright, here is an updated version where I've tried to depict what I think you mean by a running service for the remote API. What do you say to this version?

celanba
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 pm

I'd be tempted to say "Remote Services" as there are several of them, but yes I think that is better.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby celanba » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Final version, until I receive further suggestions or feedback suggesting I missed even more stuff. Please tell me, if that's the case.

Thanks a bunch, Andy. You helped me a lot in making this as precise as possible :)

celanba
New User

Previous

Return to EV3 Software