Data abort

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Data abort

Postby epokh » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:12 pm

I put my NXT in firmware update mode,
then I did

C:\Program Files\LEGO Software\LeJos\bin>lejosdl lejos_nxt.bin
found 5 busses
VM file size is 24272
Java binary size is 24272
NXT device in reset mode located and opened.
Starting C program now...

And on my poor NXT screen it popped:
Data Abort
PC 002045A6
AASR 002186CB
ASR 00020502

What I have to do? The battery are now at 90%, they will last for some, but then. Please help me, I'm crying.... ;-( (seriously, I can't live without him). If I try to reset: GREY+ORANGE nothing. IT's still ticking with that screen.

:?: :?: :?:
epokh
Novice

Postby bbagnall » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:26 am

You're uploading the JVM without linking any code to it, so it doesn't know what to do. You need to compile some leJOS NXT code, link it, then upload the resulting file. (see readme for compiler/link instructions)

BTW You'll get the same error if you try uploading code that's been compiled with javac instead of lejosjc.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby epokh » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:35 am

Yeah thanks I solved. Or seems I solved. As I wrote on the other post: firmware download actually I receive an Abort Data with the examples .bin. I recompiled them with lejosjc (just to be sure) but when I donwload one of the m that is not helloworld I receive a data abort error. For HelloWorld is working both with the .bin provided and recompiled. I really can't believe.
:?
epokh
Novice

Postby epokh » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:37 am

Yeah thanks I solved. Or seems I solved. As I wrote on the other post: firmware download actually I receive an Abort Data with the examples .bin. I recompiled them with lejosjc (just to be sure) but when I donwload one of the m that is not helloworld I receive a data abort error. For HelloWorld is working both with the .bin provided and recompiled. I really can't believe.
:?
epokh
Novice

Postby epokh » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:42 pm

O by the way. The problem was basically that I was trying to do:
lejosdl lejos_nxt.bin program.bin
instead the only working way is
lejosdl program.bin

Thanks anyway.
epokh
Novice

Return to NXJ Software