Bluetooth connection with iCommand and Windows

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Bluetooth connection with iCommand and Windows

Postby Romain » Fri May 11, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi,

Since a whole week (more or less ;) ) I try to execute iCommand program from my computer under a Windows XP OS with my NXT brick.
I follow different tutorials but never find a stable solution.

When I pair the NXT and the PC and next, execute the iCommand program, it throws a gnu.io.PortInUseException.
I find somewhere that I don't have to pair NXT and PC before execute iCommand. But, if I don't do that, I haven't got a COM port in the hardware manager and so, the iCommand throws a gnu.io.NoSuchPortException.

I find a solution : pair the NXT and the PC, reboot and then it works.
But I'm not satisfied cause after about 10 mins I catch a gnu.io.PortInUseException.

Anybody has a good solution to execute iCommand and connect NXT with the PC correctly ?

Thanks

Romain
Romain
New User

Postby bbagnall » Mon May 14, 2007 4:29 am

There's no good answer for this at the moment. If you are using RXTX you might want to try using Javacomms instead but that's not guaranteed. Lawrie Griffiths has a new solution for iCommand using Bluecove that works better and users won't have to do any special installation (of RXTX) to make it work. Stay tuned for a new release some point in the future.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby Romain » Mon May 14, 2007 8:09 am

Hi, thank you to answer.
Finally, I decide to try another bluetooth device and it seems to work fine.
Romain
New User

Return to NXJ Software