Trouble getting NXT into flash mode

This is where you talk about the NXJ hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Trouble getting NXT into flash mode

Postby abra » Fri May 30, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi !

I am a student at the University of Padeborn, Germany. I currenty visit a course regarding the use of Mindstorms in school as example for distributed systems..

I have received two NXTs from the lecturer. Both with lejos 0.5 installed. For i have to update the lejos to 0.6 recntly released.

I successfully flashed on of the two bricks without problems although using linux. I've done the following steps:
1. get brick into flash mode
2. nxjflash on the command line
3. ready

The second brick makes trouble, lejos 0.5 still installed. I cannot force him to enter flash mode by pressing the little siwtch near the usb connector hidden in the hole for 10 seconds. It seems not reacting on hold the button donw anyway.

Are there some other hardware tricks or software mods to do this?

bya
abra
New User

Postby 99jonathan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:09 am

The only way I've managed to hack it into flash mode is by using the Mindstorm software to start flashing the firmware and then quickly terminating that program after the brick starts beeping. I don't know if this will work in this situation though, since lejos is already on the brick.
99jonathan

Return to NXJ Hardware