Bluetooth not Finding NXT

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Bluetooth not Finding NXT

Postby WillScott » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:34 am

I am trying to get my NXT controlled via bluetooth but I am having problems with Bluecove actually finding the NXT to establish a connection through Bluesoleil.

I have some pure bluecove code that is able to find and list the device but all attempts using Lejos (both searching and by address) fails.

I am currently testing by trying to get nxjbrowse to find the NXT as it has the same problem.

Bluecove version 2.0.3
Bluesoleil version 5.2.227.1
Lejos version (on the nxt) 0.6

Am i missing something? Or is it my bluetooth device? (I have previously used it for icommand via RXTX)
WillScott
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:35 am

Hi,
I've had various devices work with the MS and the Broadcom/Widcomm stacks but I've not used the Bluesoleil stack. So perhaps the problem is there...

Have you been able to pair your PC with the NXT?

The leJOS software uses a pretty straightforward set of Bluecove calls to talk to the nxt so if you can make Bluecove work from another Java application then leJOS should work too. Perhaps you could take a look at the source code for the leJOS Bluecove interface and compare it with your working code....

Sorry if this is not much help...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Much better!

Postby WillScott » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:30 am

Thanks.

I stripped off bluesoleil and its now using winsock and is connecting.

It was odd that i could pair and detect but not use the bluecove. So anyone using bluesoleil should be wary. I suspect it's a version problem.
WillScott
New User

Return to NXJ Projects