NXTCommander

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

NXTCommander

Postby ChrisB01 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi, I built a program to watch multiple NXT's kind of like NXJBrowse and NXJMoniter but combined and with what I think is a better interface. Its called NXTCommander (mainly because I couldn't think of a better name and it was going to be called NXTCommand until I realised that a main lejos library was called that). I built it while trying to work out java, java swing and lejos and thought it would be a perfect project to combine all 3. If you want to download it and try it, it has 2 source files my own modified version of the NXTCommand class called NXTCommandChris and the main class called NXTCommanderV3 (the V3 is because this is the 3rd version, the other 2 don't work). I apologize in advance for the messy code and the lack of comments I would have put in some but some of the code is taken from NXJBrowse and I don't understand it myself that well.

There are lots of commented out methods and code, as i was learning how to use java at the time I was experimenting with lots of swing stuff so just ignore all the commented out methods.

There are a few things that don't work as well:
    The sound sensor hasn't been implemented
    When you chose a sensor for a port you need to re-size the screen for it to start updating.
    The change name method doesn't work (If anyone could tell me why this would be appreciated
    I would like to be able to control motors with the program but cant see how this is possible can anyone advise me on this (Fixed in V5)

If you have any problems just reply to this post. Have fun!

Chris

Click here to download V3!

Click here to download V5! The New One (Link now does work)
Last edited by ChrisB01 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ChrisB01
Advanced Member

Postby lawrie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:43 pm

I tried your program. It works well and the tabbed interface is nice. I wrote NXJBrowse and NXJMonitor and I agree the interface could be better. I am not sure how many people have tried NXJMonitor. Your program would need some more work to become a replacement for these two tools. NXJMonitor was an attempt to produce a monitoring tool similar to the one that RobotC has, but it needs more work.

What is your problem controlling motors? There should not be a problem doing that.

I have not looked at why changing the NXT name does not work for you, but can investigate that if you would like me to.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby ChrisB01 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:54 am

I was getting the code to use the motors from the ICommand package and couldn't work out why the send data methods were not the same. But I took a look at it again and worked out the problem and now I have a version but works with the Motors as well.

Thanks,

Chris
ChrisB01
Advanced Member

Postby janar » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi Chris,

I can not download the V5?
janar
New User

Postby janar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:08 am

I think you are using legos.

Is there a version for iCommand?