Creating building instructions using Lego's Digital Designer

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Creating building instructions using Lego's Digital Designer

Postby potschi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:12 pm

Is there someone out there who has further experience with Lego's Digital Designer? I want to create my own building instructions with it.

Unfortunately I had to apply slight force when building my robot. And now I am not able to design these parts of my robot as they don't fit together. That doesn't mean that I have bent or folded parts. I wanted to know if there is some kind of trick in Digital Designer to let me put parts together that don't fit 100%.

Thanks in advance!
potschi
New User

Postby pEhrlich » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:34 am

No I don't believe there is a way. All we can do is hope it in a later release.
pEhrlich
Advanced Member

Postby JavaMan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:28 pm

If there isn't one in the current release, I don't think that would be added in future releases. Having parts that don't exactly fit how Lego designed them would require (I think ) a good bit of extra code and processing.
look up and see the chemtrails
www.carnicom.com
JavaMan
Novice

Postby potschi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:39 am

I thought about that, too. It looks like I have to rebuilt my robot and watch for exactly fitting parts.
But thank you anyway.
potschi
New User

Postby wleue » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:34 pm

You might want to look at MLCad and LPub as a better set of tools for LEGO design and publication of instructions than LDD. MLCAD and LPub are freeware and work very well for even very large models. And they support many, many more LEGO part types than LDD does.

There is also a book published by Syngress, "LEGO Software Power Tools" that describes how to use these and other tools. The ISBN is 1-931836-76-0.

-Bill
wleue
New User

Return to NXJ Projects