lejosfirmd1 command does not work?

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

lejosfirmd1 command does not work?

Postby Stupidumb » Sat May 26, 2007 4:26 pm

This is what happens:

Code: Select all
C:\java\lejos_nxj\bin>lejosfirmd1
'lejosfirmd1' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

The instructions are from "Maximum Lego NXT" book by Brian Bagnall.

The book just came yesterday and it already is out of date?

Does anyone know what I should do?

Do I need firmware?

I bought this book thinking it would help me program this $500 mess...
Stupidumb
New User

Postby Hardrive » Sat May 26, 2007 6:25 pm

There is going to be a new version of lejos released soon. This will include a menu system and the firmware download functionality that you referenced.

From the readme that comes with lejos:
lejosjc Tune.java
lejoslink Tune -o Tune.bin
lejosdl Tune.bin

So basically, go to your command prompt, navigate to the directory where the .java file is. Type (replacing file name here with whatever you saved your source file as):
lejosjc [file name here].java
lejoslink [file name here] -o [file name here].bin
lejosdl [file name here].bin

Try reading the readme.html file that comes with the download. It has the most current information. Once the new lejos comes out, then the book's instructions will work.

[url=http://lejos.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167]More info relating to the book[/url][quote][/quote]
Hardrive
New User

Postby Stupidumb » Sat May 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Cool, thanks man.

I was just wondering why the README didn't say anything about the firmware. But I think I understand what you mean. Also, I read another thread that said something about the current version does NOT require the firmware at all. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for your help
Stupidumb
New User

Postby blackstache » Mon May 28, 2007 2:23 pm

I'm getting closer to running my first program with these instructions, but I need some clarification on exactly what to type in the command box. I have never done anything like this before, and am a little bit confused. Thanks in advance for any help guys.
blackstache
New User

Postby Hardrive » Wed May 30, 2007 2:09 am

blackstache wrote:I'm getting closer to running my first program with these instructions, but I need some clarification on exactly what to type in the command box. I have never done anything like this before, and am a little bit confused. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

You're trying the Tune example, I presume.

Navigate to the Tune directory as instructed (lejos/samples/Tune/)

In your command prompt, type:
lejosjc Tune.java
lejoslink Tune -o Tune.bin
[At this point, ensure your NXT is in reset mode (it should be lightly clicking, put your ear up to it), and that it's plugged into your PC via USB)]
lejosdl Tune.bin

Remember, to get into reset mode, grab a paper clip, unwind it, and press the button on the underside of the NXT Brick. The button is in the hole directly under the USB slot. I'm pretty sure there's a picture in the book on how to do this.
Hardrive
New User

Return to NXJ Software