leJOS community

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

leJOS community

Postby imaqine » Wed May 30, 2007 1:03 am

I have been working with leJOS for well over a year on various research projects. The one thing I have always noticed is the lack of community base for leJOS. I wanted to know if there are any ideas out there or things people have noticed from other forums that help increase the community?

- I was thinking of a FAQ of common questions that are asked
- Also if the mail server worked for the forum then I would expect more individuals would noticed that there topics are getting replied own and thus increase participation.
- More moderators would also be helpfu

What would you like to see?
imaqine

Postby bbagnall » Wed May 30, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi Imagine,

I'd expect our NXT community to start growing once we have a good version of leJOS NXJ out that is easier to use, which should be the next release. We've got some good stuff in it that will keep getting better.

The mail server problem has been dogging us for a while. If you see a phpBB forum hosted by Sourceforge that works with email, let me know and I'll write the admin to see how he got mail working.

If you or anyone else wants to be a moderator I'll sign you up. It's something that didn't occur to me. Once we have a moderator maybe they could work on a FAQ sticky.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby imaqine » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:56 pm

I am looking into getting the mail server to work on sourceforge. Did you every think about moving the forum to another free server?

Also, I would like to be a moderator. I had planned on working on a FAQ for over the summer but I wanted to wait for the new version of everything to come out...so sign me up! :D
imaqine

Postby bbagnall » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:31 pm

If there's a free server that wouldn't spam users then that would be ideal, especially if we could also access a mail server on it. I'd like to keep the site free from popups and whatnot.

I signed you up as an admin so you also have access to the board settings. I'm not very familiar with phpBB settings so if you see setting that can be changed to improve things, feel free.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby imaqine » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:55 pm

Sounds good, I will see what I can do. Thanks for adding me as a admin by the way. I will start helping out as much as I can. :D
imaqine

Postby imaqine » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:14 pm

As far as finding a free server with no ads check out http://www.freeforums.org/
imaqine

Return to NXJ Software