GetDeviceInfo Command

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

GetDeviceInfo Command

Postby AMichaelWinter » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:41 pm

I'm having difficulties trying to poll the NXT Controller for the Link Quality(LQ) of its connection with a another NXT Controller using the GetDeviceInfo command.

If the device I am in communicating with through Java is the Slave device then I receive 0 for the LQ of all four connections. If the device I am in communication with is the Master the the program stalls at the GetDeviceInfo command and I assume, as there is nothing to make me believe otherwise, that the device does not return a response.

I have read the documentation in the Bluetooth Developers Kit and there is very little with respect to the LQ and getDeviceInfo. One thought I had was that 0 might be a good result indicating a excellent connection but according to the Communication Protocol and BlueCore specification it is the worst result.

I'd like to know if anyone has successfully used this method and retrieved the LQ. I realize that it is most likely not used regularly since I don't picture many people having two NXT Controllers and even so being especially interested in the LQ between them. I have interest is this because I'm trying to work on a means of locating one device with respect to another through the LQ.... but obviously this is a major setback.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your Time
AMichaelWinter
New User

Return to NXJ Software