NXTRockBoy - a game machine. And the 1st game: BBall

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

NXTRockBoy - a game machine. And the 1st game: BBall

Postby Programus » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:31 am

Quick link: http://code.google.com/p/nxtprojects/

Hello, everyone.

I created a game machine by Mindstorms NXT 8547 recently and named it as NXTRockBoy. The feature of NXTRockBoy is that rocking is the most important input.

Here is an image of NXTRockBoy:

And I also programmed a game, the first game for NXTRockBoy platform, named BBall.
It is difficult to describe the game and the NXTRockBoy by language, especially my poor English, so I record a video to show them.

Here you can find the video:

If you have any feedback or questions, please ask me freely. And new game ideas are also welcome.

Oh, if you want to build NXTRockBoy and run BBall on it, you can find the download here:
http://code.google.com/p/nxtprojects/
There are also some instruction wiki pages on the site.

Of course, you can also program your own game on this model. You can also find the APIs in the download package.
Last edited by Programus on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Programus
Novice

Postby gloomyandy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:44 am

Hi,
That is pretty cool... Does this game use the Ultrasonic sensor, or are you saving that for another game?

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby Programus » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:28 am

gloomyandy wrote:Hi,
That is pretty cool... Does this game use the Ultrasonic sensor, or are you saving that for another game?

Andy

Thank you, Andy! And thank you for your great work for LeJOS API too.

BBall game did not use the Ultrasonic sensor and unfortunately I still have no idea about where I can use it in other games.

I had designed it for pause games. When nobody in front of the NXTRockBoy, the game pause automatically. But it does not work as what I imagined.

If you download the source, you can find I have written the code for pausing game according to value from ultrasonic sensor. But the code is not invoked. The main issue is there are too many 255 returned from ultrasonic sensor so that the game always pause unexpectedly.

Actually, although one touch sensor is used by the BBall game, but it can run without any sensor except the sensor for reset the NXT position.

btw. I have an interesting idea about how to use the color-light sensor in another game. I want to keep that secret before I finish that. :-)
Programus
Novice

Return to NXJ Projects