Controlling NXT with WM6.1 smartphone via bluetooth, help.

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Controlling NXT with WM6.1 smartphone via bluetooth, help.

Postby Egone140 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi All,
I am new to leJOS. I am looking to control an nxt robot with my Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone (HTC Touch Pro) via bluetooth for a university project, initially with buttons but eventually using the accelerometer.

Currently I can send a MotorTest program to the nxt over usb from my laptop, but have no idea where to start with sending data from my phone to the nxt over bluetooth.

I was looking for help or any pointer's that will aid me in connecting my phone and nxt. Where should I start? What should I read?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.
Egone140
New User

Postby iWitzand » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:47 pm

Hey Egone,

I recently just finished my university thesis. I modified an old Java mobile application to sent integer commands to the NXT. You can check it out here, go to the downloads section to get the Bluetooth stuff.

http://code.google.com/p/gelway/downloads/list

The application basically connects to an active NXT and once connected sends integer commnads. Feel free to modify it. You can you are using the HTC pro, not sure if they have a JVM on it, but I quick Google pointed me to this link

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/5000080100.xml

So you might be able to get it there. Anyways this might be a start for you, if you want to know a bit more about it you can download my thesis, I think Chapter 4 has all the Bluetooth communications. In there I talk about the mobile connection,

Steve
iWitzand
Novice

Re: Controlling NXT with WM6.1 smartphone via bluetooth, hel

Postby aprendiendo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 pm

Egone140 wrote:Hi All,
I am new to leJOS. I am looking to control an nxt robot with my Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone (HTC Touch Pro) via bluetooth for a university project, initially with buttons but eventually using the accelerometer.

Currently I can send a MotorTest program to the nxt over usb from my laptop, but have no idea where to start with sending data from my phone to the nxt over bluetooth.

I was looking for help or any pointer's that will aid me in connecting my phone and nxt. Where should I start? What should I read?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

For Windows Mobile (WM) the easy way is MS Visual Studio for Windows Mobile, with C#, for example. But there is no free (as in beer) edition that support WM.
aprendiendo
New User

Thanks

Postby Egone140 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your help I know where to start now.
Egone140
New User

Return to NXJ Projects