Getting nxjflash to work {EDIT}

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Getting nxjflash to work {EDIT}

Postby HopelessCodeMonkey » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:52 am

Hi, I've been trying to get lejos onto my nxt for a while now and I'm hoping you guys can help.

I downloaded the lejos_nxt file and have been using the readme file to get things working. I've followed all the instructions up until when it says to use nxjflash to load the firmware. My NXT is ticking and isn't responding to any button presses (which I believe is normal?).

I've tried just clicking the file in the lejos_nxt folder (which flashes the command prompt for a second before vanishing) and typing nxjflash in the command line.

I says that the NXT is not found and is it plugged in via USB. I'm using Vista, which I know has been causing problems, but it is the 32-bit version, which supposedly still works. If this is the case, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Is there any advice you guys can give me? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have discovered that not only does the NXT not show up when plugged into a USB, but neither does anything else. Mouse, Tablet, Flash Drive, Nothing. Uninstalling the libusb program and restarting fixes the USB ports though. (Which is good, since I like having working USB ports but bad because libusb is needed to make this thing work.)

So, now my problem is this: libusb does not work on Vista. (Even 32 bit Vista) Is there another program I can use? Or even a way around it?

Thanks again!
HopelessCodeMonkey
New User

Postby imaqine » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:44 pm

As of now lejos does not currently work on vista because of the usb support issue. I believe it is one of the things the devlopers are looking into.
imaqine

Return to NXJ Software