Sejway problems

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Sejway problems

Postby port3f8 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:58 am

It has taken me a week to get Eclipse working, but finally can compile and download to the brick. I gave up using 'project_loc' and used 'resource name' to point to the java code and that worked. However, neither of the Sejway (Sejway and SejwayBad) work at all for me. The Sejway program never displays anything on the LCD like it is supposed to. The light sensor led turns on and the motors go to full on upon execution. The SejwayBad does not turn on the motors and the LED source just flashes on briefly.

Anyone else have any luck or assistance to offer? I also have the tilt sensor, but don't expect to get that working before the light-sensor model.

I did get the 'hello world' program to run though.

Thanks,

Jonathan.
________
LIST OF FERRARI ENGINES HISTORY
Last edited by port3f8 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
port3f8
New User

Postby crispn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi Jonathan,

I have got the sejway sample working, but I have noticed that it only works once after downloading. Subsequent attempts to run it using the menu on the NXT brick result in exactly the behaviour you describe - motors go to max and the lightsensor light is on. What I do now is download it each time and it works as expected, but I guess you've already tried this?

Not sure if the non-rerunnable nature of the sejway program is being experienced by anyone else. Any comments?

Hope this helps.

-Nick
crispn
New User

Postby port3f8 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:58 pm

Thanks Nick. That is an interesting find. I have made some further progress too. I noticed that the while loops depend on the same keypress as the 'execute' key, so these loops seem to get jumped straight through as soon as the program executes. I swapped the calibration loop to the 'left' keypress and now the calibration and display works. I also swapped out the code from the light sensor and put in calls for the tilt sensor from hi-technic, and it works for all 3 axis, which was a relief. I can see the PID loop trying to work, but I need to re-adjust the gain settings as they are too low for the tilt sensor.
________
Mazda Cx-5 Specifications
Last edited by port3f8 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
port3f8
New User

Looking for tips of adjusting for tilt sensor

Postby zimingw » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi all, I got all the problems mentioned above. But I managed to fix the button issue by insert some extra lcd message. Initially it's for debug purpose, but because I added 1 second delay after every message, it might cleared key buffer, so I can still use 'Orange Button' to exit manual balance loop.

Now My Nxt uses Mindsensor tilt sensor, and it does try to balance itself. But all the PID const needs to be readjusted. Any body had any luck in tuning your tilt sensor? Any advice is appreciated! :shock:
zimingw
New User

Return to NXJ Software