How do you work the buttons on the NXT with the 0.3 firmware

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

How do you work the buttons on the NXT with the 0.3 firmware

Postby Mike.H » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:30 am

What do the buttons do? It seems like everytime I try to turn on the NXT I have to hold down a different button and I can't get the darn thing to turn off.

Also after the leJOS logo goes away this is all I get: "40060 leJOS X.X"

I typed X.X because these are numbers that are displayed usually within the range of 7.3 and 8.4

then I pressed the orange button and it changes to "38756 leJOS X.X" and the choice: "> Execute Program
Delete File"

Didn't the website say something about a new menu system? What does this mess mean? And someone please tell me what the buttons do.
Mike.H
New User

Postby juliac » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:30 am

I'm taking a stab in the dark, since I really haven't read the documentation.

the number like 40060 is amount of free ram, that changes based on what is running what you have loaded (I've noticed that go down as I load programs and run them so I'm pretty sure that is what it is)

the 7.3-8.4 numbers are the battery level (I've noticed that goes up slowly as I charge my battery pack, so I'm pretty sure that is what it is)

I large orange and grey buttons at the same time to turn the unit off, not sure if this is the recommended approach, but it seems to work every time.

Julia
Ships are safe inside the harbor.
juliac
New User

Return to NXJ Software