Command List

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Command List

Postby win1for » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:55 am

Hello Everybody,

I want to send a list of commands to a robot to execute them one after the other. My questions are:

1)
How can i send the list of commands to the robot?

2)
Whiles the robot is executing the commands, how can i flush out(delete) those list of commands and replace them with a new list of commands?

i am using Lejos (Java).

Thanks you all for your contributions.
win1for
Novice

Postby irishhenshin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:11 am

For the first part you can use Bluetooth or USB to send commands to a Robot. If you take a look at some of the examples in the lejos projects folder, more specifically the BTsend and BTreceive, that kind of thing.

As for the second part I'm sure a more senior member will say. But you could build some sort of GUI that deletes and issues new commands based on the code you write.
irishhenshin
New User

Postby win1for » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:27 am

I know how to use the BTSend and BTReceive, but my question is how can i construct that list of commands.

How to construct the list of commands is the main question of the first part of my previous post. Is there a special way making the the list. And how can i make the robot execute them one after the other.

Thanks for your reply.
win1for
Novice

Postby irishhenshin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:40 pm

What sort of commands are they?
irishhenshin
New User

Postby win1for » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:39 pm

It is a forklift robot so i will tell it to move pallets from one shelf to another and also to move itself from one position to another.

So generally it can be any command which will instruct the robot to do something.

Thanks for your reply
win1for
Novice

Postby irishhenshin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Well that's just straight programming from the api. The tutorial specifies how to get the NXT to move and do things. The positioning is a little more complicated and I'm actually doing a project at the moment that uses positioning.

The only method I can see positioning working well is if the robot knows the area it is in. That will mean that the robot has to 'map' the area it is in. This is an example of mapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCnvXVYe2Xc

At least that what I'm understanding you want the robot to do. Move to a specific position? I'm very very new to this area of programming and robotics in general so I can't help very well.
irishhenshin
New User

Return to NXJ Projects