Eclipse PATH problem

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Eclipse PATH problem

Postby Xpyd3r » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:03 am

Okay so I have been working on this all day, constantly changing these environment variables, I started off good with most stuff then when I tried to compile with nxjc it said something about javac played around a bit more and got it to say that nxjc isnt a batch or whatever along with the Tune.java so then I read a bit about that section being off and when i went to download eclipse and run it, it claims to not be able to find any environments so I redownloaded the JAVA 6 update 2 thing and it still doesn't work so I'm so confused, any and all help would be greatly appreciated
Xpyd3r
Novice

Postby 99jonathan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:29 pm

1. Do you have the java developing kit? This is different than the normal java runtime enviroment. Only the jdk has javac. If you don't have it, you can download it here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

2. Make sure java_home is set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk245235 (the numbers depend on ur version).

3. Make sure the nxt_home is set to: c:\mydirectory\lejos_nxj. There can not be any spaces in the path. If this still gives errors, try: c:\mydirectory\lejos_nxj\lejos_nxj.

Respond back if these help you or don't!
99jonathan

Postby Xpyd3r » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:21 pm

I have the newest Development kit and the NXJ_HOME and JAVA_HOME are correct leaving me with something wrong with ClassPath or Path and thoes two I must have really butchered from playing with it so much, so as far as I can tell I might just have to uninstall and reinstall my Java Apps
Xpyd3r
Novice

Postby Xpyd3r » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:09 pm

Okay, I uninstalled and reinstalled and eclipse works fine now. It just mentions something about a java element whenever I try to do something with samples but I saw that already so I'm going to go find that article
Xpyd3r
Novice

Return to NXJ Software