Ideas

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Ideas

Postby win1for » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi guys,

I am developing a forklift robot application and need some ideas concerning the robot picking loads whiles there are no loads.

Lets assume you have commanded the robot to pick some pallets(loads) on a shelf but there are no pallets(loads) at that moment on the shelf.

How can you detect that the robot is not picking the pallets(loads)? though it is acting like it is moving loads whiles there are no loads at the moment on the shelf.

Thanks
win1for
Novice

Postby lawrie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:28 am

You could either implement a sensor that detects the pallet using, for example, a light sensor or a color sensor or the ultrasonic sensor.

If you don't want to do that, you could try to see what load the motor is under to see if it is ifting a load. You might be able to do this by setting the motor power rather than speed and then detecting the speed the motor is moving, or you might be try setting the speed and using getPower() to see what power it used to achieve that speed. Doing the first of these with the Motor class might be a bit tricky.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby ChrisB01 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm

I managed to do a similar thing with a robot going up a ramp, using the method Motor.A.getBasePower(); I could determine whether the robot was travelling up a ramp or not.

Chris
ChrisB01
Advanced Member

Postby win1for » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Could you please explain to me what you mean by robot going up a ramp. I would like you to explain the whole idea to me.

Thanks for your reply.
win1for
Novice

Return to NXJ Projects