IMPORTANT: iCOMMAND RELEASE INFORMATION

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

IMPORTANT: iCOMMAND RELEASE INFORMATION

Postby imaqine » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:17 pm

Any issues regarding iCommand and the open() method or any other questions relating to the book should be resolved soon as bbagnell is working hard to produce and updated iCommand release.
imaqine

Postby bbagnall » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:35 am

It should be out this week. So far it's on track to have some nice improvements, better stability and ease of installation compared to the older release.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby bbagnall » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:46 am

iCommand is basically built and ready for distribution, but there's a problem: Until we release the next version of NXJ (which is probably over a week away) it can only work with the LEGO firmware.

Once the next NXJ is released it will work with both LEGO firmware and NXJ. Somewhere along the line our LCP (LEGO Communications Protocol) got messed up in NXJ and wasn't quite working according to the specs. The current NXJ 0.4 codebase is back on track, but the latest iCommand won't work with NXJ 0.3 properly.

So I'm sort of leaning towards not officially releasing iCommand until NXJ 0.4 is released. Otherwise, if I release it now, a lot of people will try to use it with NXJ 0.3 and wonder why it's behaving strange.

Anyway, here is the preview for download:
http://lejos.org/icommand-0.6.preview.zip

If you are using Windows it automatically chooses Bluecove. You have to put your BlueTooth address for your NXT brick in the properties file:
# The bluetooth address of ->your<- NXT, e.g. 00:16:53:01:EC:04
nxt.btaddress=00:16:53:04:a5:9E

I haven't had time to do much testing and I'm going away for 2 days (back Wednesday). If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know here.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby zimingw » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:49 am

So Brian, Do you have plan to update those smaple code of your book according to this new release.

Currently that download doesn't compile with either 0.5 or 0.6 preview.

Regards
zimingw
New User

Postby bbagnall » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:59 am

It should work with the source code on the book website:
http://www.variantpress.com/books/maximum-lego-nxt

I haven't checked it lately but I'll make sure it's all up to date before the official iCommand release.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby bbagnall » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:12 pm

Unstickied due to release of new version of iCommand today.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Return to NXJ Software